Bilingual education in French and English
EIFA is the only school in the UK to teach all core subjects in English and French - from 18 months to 18 years old.
Most parents would agree it is vital that our children grow up with an openness to, and a deep acceptance of different cultures. This must start with language. It is language that frames our lives and by being bilingual we gain an insight into other cultures. Language skills are also a powerful springboard when it comes to gaining admission into the most challenging universities and workplaces.
Nowadays, collaboration and internationalism are more vital than ever. Whilst others talk about this, we do it. EIFA is bilingual, international quality in action.
Benefits of a bilingual programme
Research shows that only a programme taught fully in two languages leads to totally bilingual children. When children are educated in this way in two languages, their cognitive development is significantly enhanced. The bilingually trained mind is better able to multi-task and to switch between topics without losing focus. And the younger it starts, the better.
- Greater facility of communication (family, community, international relations, employment, etc.)
- Reading and writing skills in English and French
- Multiculturalism, the experience of two linguistic worlds
- More tolerance and less racism
- Greater adaptability, mental flexibility
- Conceptual mobility
- Higher abstract reasoning, independent of language
- Advantages in the construction of concepts
- Verbal intelligence
- Greater creativity
- Higher communication sensitivity
- Greater capacity to problem solve
- Higher performance in spatial perception
- Positive consequences in the mathematical world
- A richer and more attractive curriculum
- The learning of additional languages is greatly facilitated
- Higher self-esteem
- Affirmation of one's identity