EIFA owes its wonderful school buildings to the vision and commitment of the Howard de Walden Estate, which, at the height of the recession made property available to us. Our Junior School is at 36, Portland Place, while our Senior School is located at Duchess House, 10, Duchess Street. Both are beautiful period properties that are ideally adapted to teaching and learning inside. In both schools, the feeling of being part of a family and of belonging is paramount.
History of Portland Place
Portland Place in London was designed and built between 1774 and 1776 by the renowned Scottish architects, Robert and James Adam, as a wide thoroughfare with an uninterrupted view north towards Marylebone Park.
In the early 19th century, Portland Place was incorporated into the royal route from Carlton House to Regent's Park, developed for the Prince Regent by John Nash.
The street is unusually wide for Central London (33 metres /110 feet). It still contains many of the spacious Georgian terraced houses built by the Adams.