All lunches served at EIFA are hot meals and are provided by a private London caterer offering natural wholesome food. Our caterer uses excellent ingredients. Pork is excluded from all preparations.
We're delighted to announce that the meals your children are eating have met the high standards demanded of the Bronze Food for Life catering Mark. Our caterer has just been awarded the Soil Association's Bronze Food for Life Catering Mark for serving fresh meals that meet nutritional guidelines.
More and more, people want to know where their food comes from and how it has been made. Catering Mark-award holders have proved that they maintain high standards of traceability, freshness and provenance. The award recognises restaurants and caterers who serve meals which are made up of seasonal, traceable, healthier, sustainable and fresh ingredients, free from trans fats, free from controversial additives, and which are better for animal welfare.
Being awarded a Bronze means that:
- Meals contain no undesirable food additives or hydrogenated fats
- Fresh food is always on the menu
- Meat is from farms which satisfy UK welfare standards
- Eggs are from cage-free hens
- Menus are seasonal
- Training is provided for all catering staff
- No GM ingredients are used
- Free drinking water is available
- No endangered fish are served
- Information about where the food has come from is on display
- Suppliers meet food safety standards
- School caterers meet government guidelines for food and nutrition
We've always been committed to provide high-quality, fresh and nutritious meals for your children, and we've taken great consideration in appointing our caterer. This award is a recognition to our commitment.